Eczema is a very frustrating skin condition for anyone to have but when it's your own child suffering, you really want a cure! Unfortunately, there is no real cure for eczema and all cases are a little different, this makes it very difficult to determine the right remedy to use in order to relieve the irritation. What we do know is the avoidance of steroid/cortisone creams is important for most parents.
Tawna Hill Baby has several success stories in regards to eczema and irritable skin conditions with our combination of Milk & Oatmeal Bath Powder + Super Smoothie Cream.
Tawna Hill Baby makes a simple, safe all natural baby eczema treatment. We believe less is more when it comes to caring for eczema. Keep your routine of bathing very simple. Adding Milk & Oatmeal Bath Powder into a luke warm bath is a welcome relief with this sensitive skin condition. Followed by a light application of Super Smoothie Cream to the effected areas. This combination has been proven to effectively relieve the itchiness and dryness related to eczema.
Though we do not in any way claim to cure these conditions, what we can offer is a description of the ingredients we use in these products and how they can aid in the treatment of eczema:
Milk & Oatmeal Bath Powder
- Whole Milk Powder - calming and soothing, moisturizing
- Cornstarch - offers a silky, clean feel
- Epsom Salt - draws toxins from body, relaxes muscles, natural emollient and exfoliator
- Cocoa Butter - anti-oxidant, helps to naturally preserve product, emollient, smoothes
- Ground Colloidal Oatmeal - soothes itchy, scratchy and dry skin,eczema, acne, bug bites, chicken pox, diaper rash, etc...
- Roman Chamomile - calms inflamed skin, allergies, colic, dermatitis, eczema, acne
- Lavender Oil - relaxing, calming, soothing, naturally healing, antiseptic, eczema, acne
- Neroli Oil - regenerates skin, calms and soothes, antiseptic, prevents scaring
- Vanilla Oil - natures fragrance that adds a warm comforting and relaxing scent
Super Smoothie Cream 4oz / 2oz
- Sweet Almond Oil - lightweight & emollient, helps aid in skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, soothes inflammation
- Sunflower Oil - helps retain moisture and acts as a protective barrier for sensitive skins, high in vitamins & minerals
- Shea Nut Butter - hydrates and softens, helps with rashes, acne, anti-inflammatory
- Avocado Oil - moisturizes, nourishes & helps rejuvenate skin
- Organic Hemp Seed Oil - anti-inflammatory, balances dry skin, helps heal skin lesions, has anti-oxidants and moisture balancing properties
- Distilled H2O - purified water, hydration
- Aloe Vera Gel - rejuvenates, heals & reduces inflammation
- Vegetable Glycerin - helps skin retain moisture
- Calendula Oil - helps with inflamed skin, softens and soothes, anti-bacterial & anti-inflammatory benefits
- Grapefruit Seed Extract - anti oxidant, purifying, anti-bacterial fighter, preservative
- Vegetable Wax - used as a thickener & adds moisture
- Roman Chamomile Oil - allergies, colic, dermatitis, inflamed skin, eczema, acne
- Lavender Oil - skin irritations, colic, eczema, calming, naturally healing, antiseptic
- Potassiam Sorbate - food grade preservative, inhibits mold
- Vanilla Oil - natures fragrance which adds a warm comforting and relaxing scent
- Neroli Oil - depression, insomnia, stress, regenerates skin, stimulates new cell growth, soothes, antiseptic, prevents scaring
From our research, eczema could stem from environmental toxins, here are a few things to consider:
- Avoid any highly fragranced products around your eczema sufferer (air fresheners, personal fragrances, etc...)
- Laundry detergent - use 'fragrance free' and made for 'sensitive skin', Seventh Generation for babies works well, use it for all of your laundry (bedding, clothes, the whole household)
- Personal fragrances - if you or any member of your household wears perfume or cologne this can contribute to and possibly bring on flare ups
- Cleaning supplies - use simple things to clean your household such as vinegar and water in a spray bottle & baking soda and water for hard to clean surfaces. (commercial brands tend to be loaded with synthetic fragrance in order to mask the chemicals inside)
- Try to keep your baby off of your carpets/hardwood floors, dust can aggravate the skin so try laying a blanket down washed in fragrance free detergent when the baby is playing on the floor
- Family pets can also have dander that may also contribute to flare-ups
- Cigarette smoking aggravates and will also contribute to flare-ups
- Try to keep an even temperature in your home, any extremes in temperatures can cause flare-ups
- Having and using a humidifier in the babies/child's room will aid in the dryness
If you have exhausted all these methods around your home & environment, you may want to have a good look at your little one's diet. It appears that many eczema sufferers have reactions and flare-ups to food such as dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc..) wheat (bread, pastas, white flour, etc..) and highly acidic foods (eggs, chicken, dairy, etc..) This of course requires diligence and a process of elimination as to what foods bring the flare-ups on. Luckily these days there are many options for gluten free and lactose free alternatives.
Keep in mind there is no real cure and all cases of eczema are different. The common thread is that they all need to be dealt with in a gentle and soothing manner by keeping the area clean and well moisturized.
Again, we DO NOT claim or guarantee results or a cure, as all cases are individual but we have seen success with many families with these two particular products.
Learn from parents who have used our products on this irritable skin condition.
- Comments section pg. 4 View article on babycentre.co.uk "I have had an eczema break through with my little guy and I just had to share. My 10 month old has suffered with eczema on his arms, legs and face for most of his little life. I was about to take him to the Dr and potentially get the steroid cream. But then I remembered that someone gave me a package of Tawna Hill products and there was a bath powder that said that it helped with eczema. I tried it and WOW, within a week his eczema is gone!!!! The Tawna Hill products are all natural, if you haven't heard of them check out their website www.tawnahillbaby.com. Please note: I don't work for them or have any personal connection. I am just over the moon that I found something that worked that is natural!! -Cindy
- I also purchased the Milk and Oatmeal Bath Powder for my 4 year old who has eczema and it has worked wonders on his skin. Living in Calgary’s dry climate it is hard to find something gentle that actually works. After his bath I use the Super Smoothie Cream on the really rough patches and he loves the way it softens. - Janine Ion
- Victoria has extremely sensitive skin, for example when I would take her out of the bath she would have welts all over her body...to make along story short, her doctor gave me some cortozon cream which I didn't want to use, so I ordered some of your products and omg!! No more welts, all the dry patches are cleared up. So thank you sooo much! Your products are amazing and i live them - Karmen
- “A few days ago, I cried lots of sad tears for my 2.5 year old son. He has had nummular eczema, a very aggressive form of dermatitis which is quite rare in childhood and also quite difficult to treat, since he was just 6 months old, and he was in the midst of a terrible outbreak. My son would fuss and cry all day long as an infant, he would wake at night, rub his back against his crib, making his wounds bleed, and bruising his skin. Now that he’s older, he scratches with his nails, tearing his skin. It is physically difficult for him, and it is an emotional struggle for me. Watching your wounded child writhe in pain and not being able to do anything about it is enough to make any parent feel helpless, frustrated and defeated. We have tried almost everything, medical and natural. Almost EVERYTHING. A few days ago, a clerk at Terra20 recommended your Super Smoothie Cream. I thought for sure it would be a bust, as we hadn’t had much success with anything else so far… Am I ever glad we decided to give it a try! Five days later and my tears are now of pure joy. Your cream has stopped the itching, healed my son’s irritated, bruised and ruptured skin. Your cream has vanished the pain. I am so glad I’ve finally found something (and all-natural, to boot) that keeps my son’s skin condition at bay. I wish I could describe exactly how happy and relieved I feel right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful product! Seriously, THANK YOU.” – Anna B
- Super Smoothie Cream a Mother's Testimonial with Before & After photos taken of her baby with eczema & red irritable skin
“Pictures of baby Raiden before using the cream and after.
Within one week of using the cream his face cleared right up and
still remains this way today. We use it once most days and it makes our
little guy look good and smell delicious. Even Raiden tries to lick the
cream as I apply it on his face cuz it smells so great!
Thank you for recommending this super amazing cream!!!
We love it!! Even I use it on my face when I see something popping up and
it's clear by the next day.”
- We love the Super smoothie cream for our little guy! So easy to apply, and really helps with eczema! - Meghan James
- Smoothie cream!! Helped immensely with my baby's eczema - Kayla Steyvers