The heat of Summer has started to share bright and sunny days with us now, learn some of the top ways to keep your little one(s) comfortable on these hotter days.
Top tips for keeping your kids safe and avoiding heat illness when it’s above 25 degrees:
- Stay in the shade
- Drink lots of fluids, snack on homemade popsicles and fresh fruit
- Wear hats, loose fitting clothing and sunscreen
- Seek out an air conditioned or cooler location during the hottest times of the day (10 am to 2 pm)
- Avoid intense activity, or limit it to no more than 15 minutes
- Know that high humidity and direct sun, especially in very young children such as infants and toddlers, puts them at greater risk of heat exhaustion